Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mr. Versace to You!






Remember the 90's when Gianni Versace was King, real supermodels ruled the world and Linda wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10K! Ah the 90's.

I was a teenager obsessed with Versace's work and spent pretty much any free time looking at his clothing, imaging his FAB lifestyle and saving my allowances to buy his colorful shirts or large European shades.

There was even a Vogue mag that I loved enough to save because it had the designer with his lovely ladies styled in an over the top opulent fashion. Sadly Ithink my dad threw them away a few years ago - needless to say I was devastated!

It was less about celebrity and more about the models and that was the way I liked it.

Versace celebrated beauty and decadence. He single handed re gentrified South Beach in my opinion and put that city back on the map, made it a fashion mecca and modeling town.

Although he's gone, I still value his aesthetic and it is because of him that I work in fashion today.

Stay Stylish!